The Alaska SAF Workforce Development Committee will gather information on the current status of forestry and forestry-related jobs in Alaska. Our primary focus, to answer the following:
- What is the demand for professional and vocational workers in Alaska?
- What are the education and skills needed for those jobs?
The Committee also hopes to address the following questions:
- What organizations and/or institutions are providing forestry or forestry-related education and training in Alaska?
- Are these programs meeting the education and skills needed by Alaska employers?
- Who are potential forest workers in Alaska and what are some of the obstacles they face in obtaining a forestry or forestry-related job?
The Committee hopes to share their findings during the 2019 Alaska SAF Conference next April.